Greetings from Minnesota :]

ArcticHorse

Chirping
May 25, 2022
Minnesota
Hello! My name is Lisa and I have a small hobby farm in southern MN.

I have quite the diverse flock of about 50 with my goal being for some amazing egg colors for customers. My current breeds are: French Black Copper Marans, Blue Birchen Marans (incubating), Welsummers, Salmon Faverolles, Americanas, American Bresse, and Rhode Islands. I have a few specialty birds from Skygirl Farms - Heavy Blooms, Midnight Eggers, Black Rose Eggs, Sterling Eggers, Spearmint Eggers, Fibro Blue EEs, White/Wheaten EEs, and Fibro OEs.

One of my favorite aspects of owning and raising chickens is of how amazingly versatile they are. From egg laying and producing meat to helping do 'yardwork', cleaning up leftovers, and pest control. They provide so much and ask so little in return.

My other hobbies include veggie and berry gardening. I also love to go horseback riding, travel, and mountain hiking. I do a lot of research reading - mostly in regards to animal health, genetics, and horse training.

In addition to my flock, I have a Pyrenees Mountain dog, 4 cats, and 3 horses. I have a degree in Biology and minor in Chemistry. I have a full time (environmental/safety coordinator) and part time job (lab manager). I've been a cat shelter volunteer for almost 8 years. And I'm also an active member of the Friesian Horse Association of North America as a breeder and health committee member as well as part of my local chapter (Great Lakes Friesian Horse Association).

Every time I type in chicken-related questions in a search engine, BYC seems to always be one of the top results that shows up so I figured I'd take the time to finally join. :D

Back
Top Bottom