Greetings from NC!

starlingdaly

Songster
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Sanford, NC
Hello everyone! Just introducing myself. My name is Star and I live in the middle of NC in a teeny tiny garage apartment with my fiance, 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 fish tanks, 17 chicks of varying breeds, and 14 incubating eggs (on day 14) from two of my own chickens. I have 8 chickens outside in a coup we built from mostly recycled materials and we recently made a new moveable chicken house so we can either cut the flock in half or move them all down to where the grass is greener temporarily.
Of these 8 chickens, only 2 are currently laying (Welsummer(pure) and Cuckoo Marans(not pure). 2 are broody (buff silkie and solid jet black mutt chicken). 2 are too young but will be laying in a couple months (RIR and EE), 1 is a wacky Mottled Houdan who has only ever laid ONE egg for me, and last one is a beautiful prenamed free gentlemanly rooster (bantam, maybe golden duckwing or something). Oh, plus one turkey hen raised from a chick who is laying her first eggs this week at just over 1 year old.

So needless to say, things are NEVER quiet around here. :)

Welcome to BYC. It's almost time to move to a bigger place in the country.
lol.png

Tell me about it! Haha!
We are planning to build a house in the middle of a field in the next two years. It will be as self sufficient as possible, so chickens will fit into the picture really well. :)
(plus a few dairy goats and meat rabbits is my goal)

Back
Top Bottom