Greetings from Nebraska!

gottsegnet

Songster
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Nebraska
I'm Dana, a homeschooling mother of five. After researching chickens through the winter, we just bought our first little chicks for eggs and hopefully a bit of education on the side.

We got a Rhode Island Red, Australorp, Leghorn and a Sex Link. Their little brooder is set up and so far so good. They seem happy and I absolutely love their soft peeps.

Since this is our first time, I'm thinking I'll have all kinds of questions, but for the moment, here are some pictures:

http://www.averynearlytea.com/2009/03/shall-we-buy-some-chickens-dear.html

WELCOME TO BYC!!!
welcome-byc.gif

Your pics are adorable and they will be a great teaching tool... but they grow up fast so you'd better start buying lumber for that coop quick!!

Congratulations and good luck, there are lots of friendly folks here who can answer your questions.

Congratulations! Those are great pictures, your children are beautiful! The chicks are great, and you are going to have lots of fun!!
wee.gif

Welcome from North Carolina!!
frow.gif

Thanks, everyone!

And we actually have the frame for the chicken coop. We have an old couch that has been sitting in the drive for some time waiting for us to drag it off to the dump. The inside appears to be a perfect frame for a little chicken tractor.

Back
Top Bottom