Greetings from Northwest AR

Pecos52

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2020
Fayetteville, AR
Hey, this is Larry (aka Pecos52). I just signed up. I have a 1500+ sq ft urban garden and have been wanting to add chickens for years. We are allowed 6 chickens (no roosters) in Fayetteville, AR. We are currently self-quarantined because of Covid19 and decided to build our coop because it seems like a good time to do it. I am not in a big hurry because I want to do it right. And right now there are a lot of time sensitive gardening tasks to do. I found this forum while researching coop designs. I want to build a coop that is as easy to maintain as possible. I likely have most of the materials I will need.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We had chickens in the mid 70s but it was a short lived experiment. Critters took them all out in a short time.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Zero. We plan to have six hens. That’s all we are allowed In town. .

(3) What breeds do you have? NA. I will be seeking advice.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Manure for the compost and eggs of course.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Guitar and violin. Travel.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am a retired school teacher. No pets currently. We have been on a hiatus from dogs for a couple of years.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D Google. I just discovered this forum.

Back
Top Bottom