Greetings from San Francisco Bay Area!

roheryn

Songster
10 Years
Jul 23, 2013
Northern CA
I love this forum! This is my first flock (been around chickens all my life, but they were not mine, they were more of the production variety) and I'm trying to recreate my farm roots in the SF East Bay hills, with nearly an acre of mostly vertical open space for a back yard. I have a 9yo German Shepherd, a 7yo daughter and now two EEs. I had a wonderful Cochin as well, but she died mysteriously almost 3 weeks ago (story and updates are in the "emergencies" forum) All were raised from day old chicks in February and are very much pets (although they have recently begun to lay which is GREAT!) I work from home, so I wanted to have my yard set up where I can spend most of my time outdoors with the animals. A graphic designer and illustrator by trade, my one great love has always been animals. I would love to add goats to my little urban farm, but alas, city codes forbid.

I'm having lots of great discussions and reading here, and am currently modifying my pre-fab coop to be more chicken-friendly based on members' excellent advice. I will be adding a new chicken to my tiny flock soon, and I will update my photos.

Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome to the flock
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom