Lady Hummingbird

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2021
Hello from Brunswick County NC. This spring I bought six Dominique chicks and put them in with an American Game hen that hatched two of her own chicks. She is a free range hen but wanting to have egg layers I thought she would make a good surrogate mama for the six. She accepted them immediately and raised them all together like she had hatched them out herself. I enjoy talking to our free rangers when I feed them in the morning. In the evenings they come to our back yard and hang out with us until they go to roost in the tree line. They are the best in doing their jobs of pest control in our garden. Our 6 1/2 year old Golden Retriever Sozo Grace absolutely loves her chicken siblings. She won't let anything get too close to them. I found this awesome site today through a post about chickens on Face book. I'm so excited to learn everything I can in this group about raising and caring for chickens that are going to produce eggs for our family. I grew up with my Grandparents having a farm but didn't take note of things like l should have so much knowledge was lost on me. I am so happy to be a part of your group!

0BD50D16-28FD-49F3-8190-61DB01D28007.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom