Greetings from Talkeetna, Alaska!

Robin Song

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2016
Talkeetna, Alaska
I just joined the BYC group & am looking forward to exploring the site. I acquired my first Bantam in 1974, & have been learning about the fascinating world of chickens ever since. Happy clucks to all, Robin

Hi Robin and welcome to BYC. Gosh, you started keeping chickens when i was 3 years old! Thanks for making me feel like young
smile.png
I'm sure that you have a great deal of experience to share with everyone here on BYC. Look forward to reading your posts.

All the best
CT

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I was living in Belmont,CA, in the 1960s, and boarding my 6 rescued horses. Folks would drop off cats & chickens @ the Stable. My parents got a 5-acre ranch in Sebastopol,& when we moved my horses there I took several of the Banty hens & 1rooster (& 4 cats) with us. From them I got my first pet Banty. I've had several, down through the years,& loved them all dearly. I came to visit Alaska in August,1980, fell in love with the State and moved here in 1981. Moved to Talkeetna in 1987. Bantys are harder to find, in Alaska, but several have shared my life & adventures. Turns out they enjoy canoeing!
1f609.png
1f414.png
Happy clucks! Robin

Thank you for your welcome! I am currently working on acquiring a Banty hen. She will be my first pet hen since losing my last one in 2006. I couldn't get another hen where I was living as it turned out my landlord was allergic to animal & bird dander. I moved from that ranch last fall & now I finally get to have another pet Banty. I can hardly wait!! As you know, Bantys are smart, affectionate & loyal & make wonderful companion birds. Even great company on hikes & in a canoe-my hen would let me know whenever she spotted an eagle, & as a wildlife photographer & painter, that's a valued trait, for sure!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. You may be interested in the "people with house chickens," thread. Many people are finding out chickens make good substitute pets.

Back
Top Bottom