Greetings from Talkeetna, Alaska!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Robin Song, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Robin Song

Robin Song Just Hatched

Apr 10, 2016
    Talkeetna, Alaska
    I just joined the BYC group & am looking forward to exploring the site. I acquired my first Bantam in 1974, & have been learning about the fascinating world of chickens ever since. Happy clucks to all, Robin

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Robin and welcome to BYC. Gosh, you started keeping chickens when i was 3 years old! Thanks for making me feel like young [​IMG] I'm sure that you have a great deal of experience to share with everyone here on BYC. Look forward to reading your posts.

All the best
    CT

3. 7littlegirls

7littlegirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2015
    Long Island NY
    Hello Robin :frow welcome to BYC! Enjoy!

4. MedSchlFarmers

MedSchlFarmers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2016
    North Carolina
    Welcome! We use to live in Eagle River. We love Talkeetna and would take all of our out of state visitors to your beautiful town.

1 person likes this.
  5. Robin Song

Robin Song Just Hatched

Apr 10, 2016
    Talkeetna, Alaska
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I was living in Belmont,CA, in the 1960s, and boarding my 6 rescued horses. Folks would drop off cats & chickens @ the Stable. My parents got a 5-acre ranch in Sebastopol,& when we moved my horses there I took several of the Banty hens & 1rooster (& 4 cats) with us. From them I got my first pet Banty. I've had several, down through the years,& loved them all dearly. I came to visit Alaska in August,1980, fell in love with the State and moved here in 1981. Moved to Talkeetna in 1987. Bantys are harder to find, in Alaska, but several have shared my life & adventures. Turns out they enjoy canoeing! [​IMG][​IMG] Happy clucks! Robin

1 person likes this.
  6. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    [​IMG]

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. Robin Song

Robin Song Just Hatched

Apr 10, 2016
    Talkeetna, Alaska
    Thank you for your welcome! I am currently working on acquiring a Banty hen. She will be my first pet hen since losing my last one in 2006. I couldn't get another hen where I was living as it turned out my landlord was allergic to animal & bird dander. I moved from that ranch last fall & now I finally get to have another pet Banty. I can hardly wait!! As you know, Bantys are smart, affectionate & loyal & make wonderful companion birds. Even great company on hikes & in a canoe-my hen would let me know whenever she spotted an eagle, & as a wildlife photographer & painter, that's a valued trait, for sure!

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. You may be interested in the "people with house chickens," thread. Many people are finding out chickens make good substitute pets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by