Greetings from the PNW! 🌲🌿

Marigold47

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2020
Washington 🌲
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes and no, been around chickens and have wanted my own for years. Been doing my research for about a year or so and finally started my own flock about a week ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Just 3 at the moment, roughly 10-12 days old

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 pullets, Polish Crested and Gold Sexlink (have also heard this referred to as a Golden Comet ?) and a Buff Orp that I'm unsure the sex of

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Slug management and fresh chicken eggs! But didn't realize how snugly these babies are, I'm loving it!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Photography, painting, camping, kayaking, gardening. Really into herbalism and recently getting more experience with foraging. Looking forward to growing my homestead.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm 36, Aries. Have a 15 yr old son who is absolutely in love with these chicks just as much as I am. We live with my mother at the moment. We also have an 8 year old box turtle. I work for a hemp CBD company, but have worked professionally in the cannabinoid (THC & CBD) market for over 4 years now.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?:D

During my research, my Google results brought up this page. I realized I was constantly referencing the forums so I decided to join the tribe. I'm also in a FB group with the same name (BYC) any relation between the two? Super happy to be here!! Thank you for having me! 🥰

Attachments

• Snapchat-1962174308.jpg
    Snapchat-1962174308.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi and welcome to BYC. Chat with other BYC members nearby using the links in my signature, below (turn your phone to landscape to see them).

Make yourself at home and enjoy the forums.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Thank you!

Excuse me if I seem like a novice, but its been a long time since I've been active in a forum...but I don't see any links in your signature 😅

EDIT: haha nm you mentioned how to see them 🙈

Back
Top Bottom