Greetings from West Virginia

For the most part only dogs. The coop is next to the house and I am always home to keep an eye on things. I had a problem with a fox last June when I couldn't put up the chickens at night. Our old set up collapsed in a huge storm. In the early morning hours any chicken that would wander the edge of the property would get taken. Once we rebuilt then we haven't had any issues except for a loose dog last week.

Predator losses are always the big issue with free ranging chickens vs. keeping them in enclosed runs. There will almost always be some losses in free ranging, and it's up to the chicken owner to determine whether or not those losses are acceptable enough for the benefits of free ranging. I'm glad it's working out for you.

Predator losses are always the big issue with free ranging chickens vs. keeping them in enclosed runs. There will almost always be some losses in free ranging, and it's up to the chicken owner to determine whether or not those losses are acceptable enough for the benefits of free ranging. I'm glad it's working out for you.

The enjoyment they have exploring far outweigh the few issues with predators. I call them my wild chickens lol.

Turkenstein25pizapw1421370913.jpg

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom