Greetings one and all!

LadyHawk49

In the Brooder
May 5, 2016
Hello!
frow.gif

I have been reading topics from this site for sometime now and while I had signed on , had not said hello yet!

I am from ND and have been raising chickens for many , many years.
love.gif

I have , at the moment only around 45 laying hens, three geese , 4 Guinea hens and a few roos. Almost all my layers I have now I hatched out from previous hens , having recently hatched out two batches of chicks earlier this spring . But everyonce in awhile I order new blood. I also like to do butcher birds at least once a year and with the goofy weather we are having , I am glad to have had them already done this year in late May!

I am looking forward to my time on here and picking up more of the in's and out's of raising chickens from others , there is always more to learn!
thumbsup.gif
cool.png

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

What a lovely flock you have! Love that comb on your rooster!!
love.gif
Oh you need to enter him in one of our comb contests, we have several going right now. Here is the link... https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1109080/chicken-comb-photo-contests-2016

Well, make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

Enjoy your summer, all your poultry adventures and welcome to our roost! :)

What type of rooster is that? I have never seen a comb like that in my life. At first I thought it was a bouquet of flowers LOL.

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I'm sure we will all benefit from having such an experienced person join the flock.

Best wishes
Ct

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
TwoCrows and I had the same thought! That is a lovely comb on that bird, please do enter him!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom