Greetings one and ALL.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by donna12345, Dec 20, 2016.

1. donna12345

donna12345 New Egg

Dec 20, 2016
    Clyde NY
    I live in Clyde NY. it is 12 degress out as i type[ inside warm] Chickens are in coop,not in house.to be let out at 11;00. I love my chickenS[except when they are nasty to each other] Give me a break! it is a small community. we are not going anywhere! can they not behave!! They are free range[when they want to be] [not at night, TO BED!] welll, i do have older ones who rule the roost, and stay out of the safety of a closed door. yes, some have suffered for there independence.... alas... My opionion is !! everyone needs a chicken or two or preferably ,many. Nothing like sitting around,all over yard, and watching life go on around you. the movies i could write, The sitcoms that would never end. YOU ALL KNOW! but i wonder how it is for those that need be kept penned?? i do meat chickens,penned, through the spring-fall. i move their pen 2x day. i see their life at feeding times[roosters to block first] but i don't reflect on their society as much. so those of you who have only penned chickens.i feel sorry for. And that is my intro. not to offend, but to understand. i know i have no knowledge to contribute but will glean from your wealth. may we all support the gentle life. wait rooster attack here! he is at my legs! get broom!!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Donna, and welcome to BYC. I actually know where Clyde, NY is. A friend of mine used to live there.

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under donna12345 [​IMG] Welcome!

Great intro!

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Donna

Glad you could join us here! Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us, glad you're enjoying your flock!

6. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Donna. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.[​IMG]

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Thank you for joining us today, please make yourself at home and enjoy BYC!

9. dragonthehunter

dragonthehunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2016
    New brunswick Canada
    [​IMG] Welcome to the Chicken lovers corner of the internet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by