Greetings

PaneraBreadgirl

Chirping
Nov 29, 2021
Greetings All!:wee
I am PaneraBreadgirl. I love panera food, especially their mac'n'cheese and soups. And their bagels are good too.:drool
I have a flock of chickens, and all my hens are Easter Eggers.
I'm hoping to be able to hatch chicks around Easter time. Does anyone know if Easter Eggers get broody? I heard that buff orpingtons and silkies get broody often but I don't have either.
Anyway, I'm excited to be a part of this online community!
:jumpy

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
I had an EE go broody. She turned out to be a nut job, but she was a great incubator.
I've had a RIR, PBR, Australorp, Sebright, d'Uccle, Cuckoo Marans, and Salmon Faverolles mixes go broody. How close to Upstate NY are you? I can hook you up.

Greetings All!:wee
I am PaneraBreadgirl. I love panera food, especially their mac'n'cheese and soups. And their bagels are good too.:drool
I have a flock of chickens, and all my hens are Easter Eggers.
I'm hoping to be able to hatch chicks around Easter time. Does anyone know if Easter Eggers get broody? I heard that buff orpingtons and silkies get broody often but I don't have either.
Anyway, I'm excited to be a part of this online community!
:jumpy
Hi and welcome to BYC. As to your question, I have a few easter eggers, I've never had one go broody. Some of my other breeds, like the Reds and Golden Wyandotte go broody. The Reds though, while they will go broody - they never carry it all the way through. They're terrible mothers. I usually have to finish the hatching/raising job for them :jumpy The Golden Wyandotte is a good mother, but neither of them are easter eggers.

Back
Top Bottom