Grew up with birds, first time raising my own!

LadySkyline

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2017
Michigan
HI!

I have had chickens my whole life, growing up. Had a run of ringneck pheasants and a couple of turkeys, years back. My husband and I just bought a house last fall, in the country, and we are starting our own backyard flock of chickens and a couple of ducks! I ordered 27 chicks from McMurray and I am keeping 6 or 7 as layer birds. The rest are going to family. The two Rouen ducklings were an impulse pickup from TSC, but I am so excited to start keeping ducks! I have big plans for the enclosures and we are converting an old garden shed into our bird house. Still looking for plans on framing out the outdoor enclosures, which will be permanently attached to either side of the shed, and the inside of the shed will be split down the middle to accommodate ducks and chickens. Excited to gain some knowledge from this forum :)

Welcome to Backyard chickens Lady Skyline. It's nice to meet you. What a fine group of chicks - I'm guessing RIR, Buff Orps, Barred Rocks, - don't know what the chipmunks are yet.

Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us
yippiechickie.gif

Best wishes
CT

G’Day from down under LadySkyline
frow.gif
Welcome!

I like the shed, it should convert nicely. Adorable bubbies you have there also!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Welcome to Backyard chickens  Lady Skyline.   It's nice to meet you.  What a fine group of  chicks  -  I'm guessing  RIR, Buff Orps, Barred Rocks, - don't know what the chipmunks are yet.

I think the 2 striped gals are Dark Cornish. The feathers coming in are looking that way
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png
I still have 4 unknown breeds to figure out. Lol. I ordered three or four specific breeds and the rest are a mystery. I believe I have 9 or 10 different breeds!
1f631.png

welcome-byc.gif

Very nice intro! Best of luck with all your plans and thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom