Grey Call Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ctaynton, Apr 24, 2011.

1. ctaynton

ctaynton Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2010
    Eastern Oregon
    Does anybody know where I can get some Grey Call Ducklings? I live in Oregon and don't want to pay TOO much for shipping. I don't know anyone near me that has them. Can anyone help??

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Odd are you won't find ducklings-most breeders won't ship ducklings(it's a really bad idea) after they are a day old.
    There are some Grays on featherauction(no, they're not mine [​IMG]) and you could try to get some eggs from a breeder.
    Good luck-Grays are SO in demand right now!

3. ctaynton

ctaynton Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2010
    Eastern Oregon
    How do I find a breeder?

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    The best place to look is callduck.org.
    That is The Call Breeders of America and you'll find some really good breeders there.
    Patty Pickard of Faith Valley Waterfowl has Grays, I believe.
    Would you prefer adults ducks or eggs? Also, what quality are you interested in? Pet, Breeder or Show?

5. Born A Duck Lover

Born A Duck Lover Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2010
    Western Oregon
    Dave Holderread in Corvallis or somewhere thereabouts raises Calls among other ducks, but I don't know if he has any to sell right now. But I know that lots of people here love the quality of his birds. Here's a link to his website:

http://www.holderreadfarm.com/

6. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Not a good idea to ship baby Calls though...I'd work toward more mature birds or eggs. Baby Calls are very susceptible to chilling and have a higher metabolic rate; larger duck breeds are not as critical.

7. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    I ended up getting hatching eggs and have gray and white both due to hatch around 5/7 was the easiest and safest way to get them here to FL. Nw just hoping for a good hatch. Good luck finding some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by