Grey Game? or Silver Phoenix? Let's play name that breed!!

Do you have a link to the thread in question? I have realized that BYC is HUGE!! LOL

And yes, he is definitely a gorgeous guy!! I can use him either way...but just want to make sure that he goes in with the girls he should.
Here is one, there may be more: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/273550/post-phoenix-pics-please/2310#post_10199936

I agree his tail carriage is way too high for a Phoenix, but as I said I really dont know the breed all that well other than they sure are pretty. The first photo on Feathersite is of one with a fairly upright tail.

Thank you all for your info and guesses!! Here's the "rest of the story"

I do raise and breed Phoenix. But I am a total novice to the breed. I should have paid more attention to him when she first brought him, but like I said, I have game birds also so it really didn't matter. Either way, at $10 I didn't lose anything. I bought him over the phone from just the description. When the lady brought him to my house, though...well, he went into the cage and I didn't give it a second thought..until he started "calling" the other roosters over for a good face off. LOL My Phoenix have never been mean like this guy. He spars through the cage. My Phoenix roosters will help brood their babies. That's how sweet they are! Anyway, this guy has had a pretty rough way to go his first two years. He is pretty banged up all the way around. I will give him some hens after he passes quarantine and nurse him back to health and he can "retire" here on the farm and live the life that a chicken should have.

And yes, the earlobes were the first thing that I noticed. My Phoenix have bright white earlobes all the way around. This guy has bits and pieces. This guy also has 2" spurs. He isn't built like my Phoenix either. They are both sleek in the body, but like others have said, his tail is wrong to be a Phoenix. Basically the only thing they share is the color.
Thanks again guys!!

So I bought this bird, basically over the phone...thinking it was one breed...but now I'm not so sure. The more I look at him, the more I think he isn't what I thought he was. So here's a little practice for you...what do YOU think he is? Some sort of Grey Gamefowl? OR a Silver Phoenix rooster? I won't tell you what I was supposed to be buying, nor which I think he is now...that would just make you biased in your opinions! LOL But as you can see, I bought him anyway.
Well kind of hoping you were buying a grey game because I do not believe that this is a Phoenix
I own both… lol, and I’ll be honest with you. This more resembles an old English silver duck wing. I don’t think it’s a grey as far as bloodline goes, but he is a very pretty bird

Back
Top Bottom