Grow light recommendations

Artichoke Lover

Free Ranging
Jul 27, 2020
Southeast US
I’m planning on starting about 3 times the amount of plants this spring compared to last and need to get some new lights. Does anyone have recommendations for lights for a large number of plants for under $50

Yes, get those plant up close to the light. They would still reach for a window. When I started plants, I just got "plant" bulbs from the hardware store. They have a magenta/purple hue to them. It looks weird from outside the house!

Pot is legal in a lot of states now, including Michigan. There is a growing facility that was featured on the evening news because you could see the glow of the lights up in the sky. :eek:

One thing I wished I'd had was another fixture so that I could spread the plants out a bit as they got bigger. One year, I couldn't get them outside to harden off as early as usual because of a cold spell. Some of the plants were hard to disentangle.

Your location is pretty generic, but I'm guessing that you can get your plants out sooner than I can. Hopefully you won't have that problem. :)

Back
Top Bottom