Growing Fodder! (chat/discussion)

I did some experimenting this winter with wheat fodder. Will post pic once I setup the new system. In the end I went with the black seedling trays from the graden store, cheap and they work the best hands down.

Sprouted wheat smells absolutely unbelievably excellent!

Here are a few containers I tried:
Eqbx0qN.jpg

Thic!
8WWWcRY.jpg

I'm sprouting alfalfa and wheat berries inside for the chickens this winter! :) You can follow along as I go through the ups and downs of growing fodder for the chickens inside. I have some alfalfa seeds soaking right now in a jar and they will be moved to a tray tonight around 8:00 PM. (They need to soak for 24 hours before they go into the tray to start sprouting.) I have some wheat berries going that are doing fairly well. (Not the best. :hmm) Yesterday I received 3 GREAT seed starting trays which I'm very happy about! I got them off Amazon. Three for about $11.00. You can also get 5 for like $30.00 with a stand. I just started doing this for my chickens about 1 week ago and they have received one batch of alfalfa sprouts already. Hope you follow along!
Here are pictures I took a few minutes ago:
View attachment 2003988View attachment 2003989
(The green trays are the one's from Amazon.) Tips are welcome, but don't be bossy or say things like "Your doing that the WRONG way!". Please follow all BYC rules as well.
Thanks!
- Clucky
I think they are great to grow and I have a few times. Goodluck with them and love the trays!

Back
Top Bottom