1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

growing problem

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Harleychicks, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Harleychicks

Harleychicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2015
    Poplarville, Mississippi
    I think I may have a problem,,,,Me and the wife cannot go to the feed store or Tractor Supply without getting at least 4 chicks. Our flock is not at 19 chicks and 13 one year olds. 4 or 5 different breeds so far.
    I'm hoping there is a cure but as it stands now I just keep telling her "At least its not another gun!" although a new gun sounds nice,,,,,,

2. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    dude, ya'll are screwed......no two ways about it........

and you have to the absolute worst place to seek help.......

every last person, and I mean every last rotten one on this site, is a bunch of enablers!!!

they tell you one more won't hurt........build your coop bigger than you need.........oh these chicks are so sweet.....or those are great layers.....

enablers, every last one of them.

bud, you have just stepped off the edge of the cliff, and done fell in the lion's den......

I will also add, that while they do add to yer addiction, there isn't a better group of folks around. more knowledge, and willing to help you out no matter what is bothering you.

2 people like this.
  3. Finnie

Finnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You can do what I do. Sell some chickens to make room for more. And while you are getting the new ones, somehow think you can get more than the number you sold...

4. Harleychicks

Harleychicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2015
    Poplarville, Mississippi
    the only selling is to the frezzer! These roos are wonderful in a soup

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    One more won't hurt (or a dozen more).........build another coop bigger than you need...........you know those chicks are really sweet......you could really use some more great layers................................ [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Plus which, there are many, many more breeds you've never tried. You might like them much better than the ones you have now. If you don't get them it will nag at you for the rest of your life

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by