Growth rate??

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
Do ducks grow faster from 4 to 6 weeks, then from 0 to 4 weeks? When do they begin to get side feathers?? Mine all look like darn mini ducks!........ It may just be my head messing with me. But they don't have any feathers yet except the tail feathers.... Normal??

Thanks!

I would think they grew quicker 0-4. Are these the ones from Holderreads? I think SQ can can take longer to feather out than hatchery birds.

I would think they grew quicker 0-4. Are these the ones from Holderreads? I think SQ can can take longer to feather out than hatchery birds.

Yeah. 2 Silkie ducklings, 1 HUGE appleyard, 1 runner, and 6 TSQ harlequins. One of the harlequins is a migit duck though, and isn't growing right. I am holding him and the silkie ducklings back for around 8 to 10 weeks before I let them outside for good. They will be tiny. None are outside for good though... waiting for feathers to pop out....

We have had a few Anconas that seemed to not feather out very well around that age before we switched feeds. We were raising everyone on Flock Raiser but switched to Duck Grower for our youngsters older than 3 weeks. I haven't had many babies growing out to test the theory that the feed was the cause, but should soon since we have all those 1 week old Silkie ducklings and more Anconas coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom