Grrr, Wanting Something for Nothing & No Appreciation for Fine Hand Quilting....A Rare Speckledhen

She should have been the one going to jail.
rant.gif

hugs.gif
Thanks, but sadly assaulting a person is much worse than a painted bear.
I'm glad you started this thread: We crafty folks have to stick together....since people who have never tried selling something hand made have no idea what drove us bonkers, but you guys understand.

Glad the lady paid for the runner you made and that you got another order. Hopefully, you won't have to endure any more demeaning or insensitive comments for quite a while.

Rhonda

I work at home as a graphic artist on commission basis.. I know the feeling.

As it's been put by some of the greats in my field: We work for a fraction of what we're worth. We spend years and years refining our craft. Hours upon hours improving. Quality does not come cheap!

Thank you for joining the thread. You know, it's one thing to say, "Hey, that's great, but I can't afford it; sure wish I could!" but it's quite another to say, "It's not worth what she's charging, no matter the quality of the fabric or the workmanship or the originality of design."

Some people will just never get it, I guess. Well, I'll keep my stuff rather than give it away for overseas-made WallyWorld prices. If that's all they want, they can go there. And they'll have something a million other folks have just like it, something that won't last through the second wash, or maybe even the first.

Thank you for joining the thread. You know, it's one thing to say, "Hey, that's great, but I can't afford it; sure wish I could!" but it's quite another to say, "It's not worth what she's charging, no matter the quality of the fabric or the workmanship or the originality of design."

Some people will just never get it, I guess. Well, I'll keep my stuff rather than give it away for overseas-made WallyWorld prices. If that's all they want, they can go there. And they'll have something a million other folks have just like it, something that won't last through the second wash, or maybe even the first.
Well said!

You're very sweet to say so. Thank you.

I haven't heard anything about the other bed runner I was supposed to be doing. Honestly, I don't care. I have plenty to do and I'd rather not feel the pressure of making something and again, not having it appreciated. I'm finishing the top of my bed quilt and having tons of fun learning to crochet right now.

Finally got all the blocks done on my own spring quilt and arranged as they will be assembled. I do have three rows put together, but it's slow going. This is the really tedious part of it. No idea what the heck I'll do for a border yet. This is for ME, haha.

Last edited:
Thank you. I rarely do things with white, certainly not this much white, but I wanted that light, springtime feel and I think this surely does it. After I have it together, I'll see what I have in my stash, if anything, that will work for a border. If not, off to Walmart or Thousands of Bolts online to shop. I really hope I have enough of something that will work. Still nothing about the other bed runner I was supposedly going to be doing, but I'm fine with them changing their minds, if they have. I'd rather do things for me and if I then want to sell them, offer the finished product up on BYC.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom