"GUARD DAWG" chickens!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bearfretworks, Sep 24, 2008.

1. bearfretworks

bearfretworks Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2008
    Western MN
    Oh to have had a video camera.........................[​IMG]

I was working downstairs on a remodel the other day when something out the window caught my eye.

A small spike whitetail deer was slowly trotting across the back yard............................with the 20 week old barred rock cockerel and 2 BR pullets chasing him, wings flapping and mouths moving. We are on 5 1/2 acres and they chased him ALL the way across the yard.

Man that was funny.

2. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    If everyone was to submit their videos of chickens doing humerous things we could call it "Candid Chickens".

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    that would have been cute to see!!.[​IMG]..i know i have wished several times that i had a video camera pointed at my chickens!!!...as i'm sure we all have..[​IMG].. thanks for the story, Wendy

4. BawkinOnTheBench

BawkinOnTheBench Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
    UT
    My DH keeps trying to get footage of the chickens chasing the magpies, but when he goes out to shoot the magpies leave. The chickens will spot the magpies on the ground and run after them flapping, then the magpie flies up in the nearest tree and taunts the chickens from there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by