Guess The breed

JamieMcClain

Songster
Jul 1, 2020
Recently adopted 2 new ducks and have no idea on breed, age, or sex. I’m thinking females because I see no curl on either tail feathers? Help please!
F9F50DA8-63EB-4F92-9984-787181D9D48B.jpeg
2847FB74-B24D-44FE-9882-92250353808C.jpeg
A3F653A4-B2B5-4EC3-BFA1-24D11E97ADCA.jpeg

Looks like 2 Male Rouens or Mallards, I can't tell the size. Have you voice sexed them yet? Females quack early on and males have a raspy frog like 'quack'.

are they pets? or did you want them for eggs or breeding purposes? all my ducks are pets, and i just wanted to say you definitely don’t need females with them. that’ll just cause fighting most of the time.

are they pets? or did you want them for eggs or breeding purposes? all my ducks are pets, and i just wanted to say you definitely don’t need females with them. that’ll just cause fighting most of the time.

they are pets. We have a male Muscovy and a female Muscovy. Plus 4 runners that are still babes. And 2 female Toulouse geese. Hoping most of the runners are girls to help even the ratio

they are pets. We have a male Muscovy and a female Muscovy. Plus 4 runners that are still babes. And 2 female Toulouse geese. Hoping most of the runners are girls to help even the ratio
you can always keep them in a seperate coop where they can see the girls but not touch them. they won’t fight each other (maybe just a little every once in awhile, but girls will too)

Back
Top Bottom