Guess the gosling

Yep they live long lives and can sure keep ya on your toes. Do you know the sex of yours? I have a 14 yr old Embden gander and a 9 yr old Toulouse Goose. Please keep the pics coming would love to watch them grow up.
I have to idea on how to tell the gender of geese😬 My first thought is possibly a pair just going off the fact that one is slightly bigger and head shape looks slightly different to me.
I could easily be wrong of course. I thought I had a male/female pair with my two pekin ducks, but now at around 7wks old they sound the same. I think both might be females. I do hope that’s the case. I’d feel more comfortable having females.
Between those two pekins and the 5 more ducklings I have in the house...lm sure I’ll have at least one male.

These aren’t from a hatchery. The guy at the store said they all came from a person a couple towns over. So I guess anything is possible 🤷🏻‍♀️
That being said, mixes are possible too. One of the ducks I got looks like it is a mix.

I’d love to see pictures of yours if you wouldn't mind sharing some:)
I don't have many great photos of them, they move a lot 😂 the first was when young, the second just the other day so they are a few weeks older. I can maybe see if a video will attach as I have better videos of them.

Attachments

• IMG_20210508_182537.jpg
    IMG_20210508_182537.jpg
    756.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210524_122831.jpg
    IMG_20210524_122831.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
They look so much like my Chinese pair, I would be surprised if they are not Chinese. They are so cute. I'll grab more recent pics of my pair.
I’d love to see more pictures:)
Since both African and Chinese look so similar I know I won’t know for sure till they are older, but at least now I have an idea on what they might be. 😁
They seriously just the cutest! 🤗

How old are they now?
My two are certainly bigger than yours! But very similar looking still.
😍😍😍😍🥰🥰
Oh my goodness they are adorable! 🤗🤗

I’ve had mine for 3 1/2 weeks now. So I’d guess they are about 4wks old tops. Mine are starting to get some feathers in, but are largely just fluff still. I spend more time up at their pond watching them then I do at my koi pond😆 They are endlessly entertaining

Back
Top Bottom