Guess what I did?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kurby, Mar 7, 2008.

1. kurby

kurby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    East,Texas
    Well yesterday my mother n law said: Tractor supply has baby chicks! so. hmmm
    then the mail came and I got my eggs to hatch and guess what else came in the mail? I coupon to get a free waterer if you buy 6 or more chicks! So.. I went and got my free waterer!! lol
    I got 4 RIR(did the wing sex tip-double layers=girl?) and 2 banty cochins or something with feathers on it's feet, and 4 golden yellow girls and 2 black girls. No one had a clue to breeds except for the RIR!!
    So I may need some of you experts to help me if I can get pictures.
    Karen

2. Kaneke

Kaneke Chillin' With My Peeps

wild guess would be the yellows are Buff Orps and the blacks are Sexlinks ... but depends on which hatchery they came from

sounds great, so glad you found good chicks

3. kurby

kurby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    East,Texas
    I was looking closer at the 2 black ones in there and one has just a smidge of rust color on head and maybe on neck, so maybe she is a blk sex link! yeah, but the other has just a tat of yellow on her underside, do you think she could be an astralorpe? I hope so. As far as the yellow ones. they are not the bright pale yellow so they are kinda gold, I am hoping I didn't get white chickens! I wanted Buffs.
    K

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by