Guess what I found locally?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Leslie In North Pole, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Leslie In North Pole

Leslie In North Pole Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2007
    North Pole, AK
    A wonderful lady that had shown us how to set up brooder boxes years ago saw an ad that I had up selling extra bb poults. We talked about what I had been up to with birds and I mentioned how I want to get into raising and preserving Beltsville Whites and Pilgrim geese. Apparently, she was trying to re-home four pilgrims, as she wants to raise a different breed of goose....

Thursday evening, via a Subaru station wagon, they arrived here and my extra white poults left. I still owe some other poultry as they hatch/mature but I am so thrilled to finally have something go my way with my birds this year.

(I hatched out a pair of goslings earlier this spring that were suppose to be Pilgrims but I think that at least one of them is a cross due to it having a dark bill instead of bright orange.)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    How cool is that?! Congratulations on your new additions!

Hmmm, I guess I should start telling everyone I see, about the kinds of chickens that I want. [​IMG]

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    That's great! Doesn't it feel good when things finally go the way you would like them to go?!?! [​IMG]

4. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    Hurrah for Pilgrims! I've had to drive hours in every direction to build up my flock but it was worth every minute [​IMG]

I've been really tempted to try the Beltsville Whites. The only thing stopping me is that I'm not a huge fan of white turkeys. I want more color in my flock. I still keep eyeing those egg auctions with an itchy buying finger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by