Guess what? I found not one, not two, but three hidden nests🤣

Skyle

Fluffy feathered feet addicted
Premium Feather Member
Apr 11, 2020
Between Italy and Slovenia
My bad. Yes, I noticed a diminution of the eggs in the nests. But, since all the eggs I found were from the pullets I tought the hens started/will start soon molting (some are already, others not). Well, I searched anyways if there were some hidden nests in the last week and I found nothing, but yesterday and the day before it rained heavly so all the leaves that hided the eggs got wet and uncovered them. If you look closely, the whitish eggs got some colouring from the wet leaves (second photo, on the far left)
So, I found three hidden nests. 51 eggs, but I broke two while I was collecting them, so 53 eggs in total. I water-tested all the eggs, they are all good and the lowering of egg number in the nests began 2 weeks ago, so they aren't old yet. I'll have to bake and cook a lot to finish all the eggs (I want to finish them as soon as possible, before they go bad). I will open every egg in a separate dish before putting it with the other ingredients, so if one egg is bad, it won't ruin the other ingredients.
IMG-20210918-WA0011.jpeg
IMG-20210918-WA0007.jpeg

How many eggs contained your biggest hidden nest?:p

that's astonishing! One of mine who went into molt early, started laying again but in a secret nest. By the time I found it last week (because she'd disappeared; turned out she'd gone broody on it) there were 20 eggs! Another had broken and contaminated a few, but most were good eating :p

My mum trasformed some of the eggs, unfortunately I wasn't fast enough to take pictures of the whole dishes :lau

IMG_20210918_202446.jpg

Cookies with chocolate chips

IMG_20210918_202559.jpg

Apple pie

IMG_20210919_103217.jpg

Rolled omelette with zucchini, ham and stracchino cheese

IMG_20210919_171044.jpg

Same of the above, but with potatoes, tuna, rocket, and spreadable cheese

Back
Top Bottom