Guess what showed up in the field today?

Maybe put them in a box with a heat lamp?
I really have no idea.

Maybe put them in a box with a heat lamp?
I really have no idea.

I have them in the incubator and am trying to get the temperature correct (It hit 115F in just 30 minutes of being plugged in!!)

I am not optimistic, I haven't heard peeping in quite awhile. But at least they got a shot...

Yeah, sorry. She is long gone from the nest, she was taking her brood back to the coop when I found her, caught them all, and penned them up. I had no idea there was a nest, so I went searching and was quite surprised I found it. Even more surprised to see unhatched eggs, and then picked them up and they were still peeping.

My good incubator is on loan to a friend, but I started up the OLD still air incubator. Its warming up, we will see what happens...
Without having a broody hen of some sort, putting them in an incubator or creating a make-shift incubator are the only viable options. There have been many threads over the years of people getting eggs to hatch without using an actual incubator. Some of the methods have been to use a heat lamp, a heating pad or even some women have hatched an egg by carrying it around in their breast area. Those threads can be found in the Incubating and Hatching Eggs forum.

Good luck!

Without having a broody hen of some sort, putting them in an incubator or creating a make-shift incubator are the only viable options. There have been many threads over the years of people getting eggs to hatch without using an actual incubator. Some of the methods have been to use a heat lamp, a heating pad or even some women have hatched an egg by carrying it around in their breast area. Those threads can be found in the Incubating and Hatching Eggs forum.

Good luck!

We got the incubator as stabilized as it was going to get overnight. Temp bounced between 98 and 104 overnight. Shrug. I knew the incubator was old. Thanks for the heat lamp idea, I hadn't thought of that one. I thought of a heating pad, but we don't have one (yet.... I might try the mama heating pad idea someday!)

One keet died before I went to bed, the other egg that had been peeping pipped before I went to bed. It had pipped before I went to bed, it cracked all the way around overnight and made a nice big hole. Here is hoping it survives and gets out of that shell! :fl

We have one hatchling!

I will leave the incubator running today, but this is the only hatchling I expect.

IMG_2309.JPG

Back
Top Bottom