Ended Guess When BYC Will Reach 480,000 Members!

Pics
(Giggles) ummm, here’s what I came up with:

8:56 PM marker in thread for reaching it:

7:00 up to 8:56 is 116 minutes
10:37 back to 8:56 is 101 minutes

Unless I’m totally off my rocker?:old
It was at 6;30 PM PT when it happened. Your guess was accepted as 10:37 PT since only times in PT were being accepted. Even if you had designated your 10:37 as being CT, it would have needed to be converted to 8:37 PT which is still farther from 6:30 PT than 6 & 7PM PT are.

And the spreadsheet does not lie.
1675658446395.png

Congrats to the winners!

Just curious- why was the rule made that guesses couldn't be before February 6th?
Kathy why was the rule where you can't guess before the sixth made?
I am in no way in charge of these contests and don’t participate in making the rules. But what I do know is that they always try to set the deadline to enter at least a few days before they believe the required event (number of members, number of threads, etc) will happen. Because it isn’t really fair for the result to occur before the deadline to enter. And in the past there are always people entering guesses that occur days/weeks before the deadline, so the people running the contest are always messaging them to see if they want to change their guess after their predicted time goes by and we aren’t even close to hitting the required result or the deadline to enter. So this time they added the rule to not allow any guesses that would occur before the entry deadline, since they didn’t expect there to be any way for those to win. But then the current egg shortage/price hikes and record pre-orders of baby chicks threw a curve ball and caused unexpected exponential increases in people signing up for BYC. I believe the rule was “intended” to help people out and actually be a hint that we wouldn’t hit 480k before that date. But it backfired. :lau :lau :lau

Back
Top Bottom