Guinea attacked by dog/7 left/ will they be ok in confinement?

We dunked ours in boiling water after dispatching them. The feathers were a little harder than chickens but not as hard as a duck to pluck. They are a little tougher bird, which is why i generally cook them in the slow cooker.

I put mine in the slow cooker with some stock, onion, celery and garlic. I put garlic onion lemon wedge and a slice of green apple in the cavity. I basted them a few times over the period of 6 hours (u dont have to baste)but u can cook all day for more of a stew style. It comes really good and i change it up a little each time with different seasoning etc.

An apple slice will help keep the breast juicy in any bird. Try it, it works. I use an apple slice everytime i cook a whole bird of any kind. I dont know why but i think i got it out of a country cooking magazine.

Some were darker than others but not completely black. I dont really know if that would be a bleeding issue. Ill ask my husband.

Back on the original post, we have decided to attempt to keep rest of the guineas. I am going to pester my husband into making a moveable pen for them to be in during the day. They are crate trained so they will be safe at night.

Some were darker than others but not completely black. I dont really know if that would be a bleeding issue. Ill ask my husband.

Back on the original post, we have decided to attempt to keep rest of the guineas. I am going to pester my husband into making a moveable pen for them to be in during the day. They are crate trained so they will be safe at night.
thumbsup.gif
crack that whip woman !! lol

Back
Top Bottom