Guinea broody on Infertile eggs- help?

newlyweds

Pearl of the Prairie
9 Years
Mar 12, 2010
Southeast Texas
I currently have only 2 female Guineas and one has gone broody in our back pasture (on infertile eggs) and I can't find her nest anywhere, but I hear her sometimes. And she comes back to the pen once a day or so. Has anyone had anything like this? How long will she sit on the eggs? I'm a little concerned she won't stop? Maybe until all the eggs will go bad? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
you need to replace the eggs under her with either fakes or fertile ones from online, you can find them everywhere. The eggs won't be fine if you don't remove them immediately

you need to replace the eggs under her with either fakes or fertile ones from online, you can find them everywhere. The eggs won't be fine if you don't remove them immediately
I can't find her nest, she is laying in thick brush. That is the problem, will she naturally stop after the eggs go bad?

you need to wait until she comes back and then follow her very subtly, sorry I did not understand the first time around

Sadly it's not that easy, I can't find the nest she's under thick brush and I haven't been able to locate it. I am not worried about the eggs, just her that she may die trying to hatch these duds.

She's also very sneaky and I only see her off the nest every couple of days. My best bet is to try to catch her when she's back in the pen, no way I am getting to the nest. Literally thick dewberry hedges, thorns, etc.

make her a nest there, some straw and a comfy box. It sounds like she really wants to be a mum, just order some fertile eggs off online

Back
Top Bottom