Guinea chick hatched at 24 days.

Busy Hatcher

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 8, 2014
Wasilla, Alaska
. I have two dozen Guinea eggs in the incubator that I bought off eBay. They took 5 days to arrive in shipping and then I let them sit room temp for a day to recover. The eggs went into the incubator on June 11. Yesterday afternoon (july 5)one of the eggs hatched with a strong healthy chick. It had only been 24 days since I put them in the incubator. I hadn’t stopped rotation or started lock down. The rest of the eggs seem to be on track. Has this happened to anyone else?

. I have two dozen Guinea eggs in the incubator that I bought off eBay. They took 5 days to arrive in shipping and then I let them sit room temp for a day to recover. The eggs went into the incubator on June 11. Yesterday afternoon (july 5)one of the eggs hatched with a strong healthy chick. It had only been 24 days since I put them in the incubator. I hadn’t stopped rotation or started lock down. The rest of the eggs seem to be on track. Has this happened to anyone else?
Keets can hatch anywhere from 26 to 28 days. It is possible that incubation had been started before the egg was collected. Some post office workers can store the eggs in a very warm place thinking they are helping.

I have had keets hatch as early as day 25. In at least one case someone else had keets hatch on day 24 because their incubator was running a little hot.

Yeah I thought the incubator might be too hot but the rest of the eggs haven’t hatched yet and they don’t seem ready… I guess somehow that Egg must’ve pre-incubated a little or some thing but it’s strange none of the rest of them did.

Yeah I thought the incubator might be too hot but the rest of the eggs haven’t hatched yet and they don’t seem ready… I guess somehow that Egg must’ve pre-incubated a little or some thing but it’s strange none of the rest of them did.
It happens. That spot in the package may have been close to a heat source but the most likely cause is that it had been set on by a hen long enough to get it started.

Back
Top Bottom