Guinea Chicken Hybrid

sabbith79

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 20, 2013
ok so here is a little back story. We have three Plymouth Rock hens who recently started laying. We were so excited
well at first we would go out and check for eggs every few days, now we go out at least twice a day if not more and get about three eggs a day.

We were so excited that they were laying because we wanted to sell them, well after about a week of collecting we decided to make some scrambled eggs (enjoy the fruit of our labor) two of the eggs were fairly larger and when we cracked them they had two Yolks!!! Inimmidately did some reasearxh and found out its ok to eat and back in the day you had bragging rights if your chickens laid double yolk eggs. AWESOME! We only used like 4 eggs and they were yummy!

ok well a few days later we wanted to eat the rest of our early collected eggs, when I started cracking them about three I noticed had some veins in the egg. One even had a small embryo starting to form. I was freaked out because we only have three hens!!! And a guinea... But they couldn't breed... Could they?

well after researching that as well it suprised me that yes in fact they can cross breed buy its normally roosters mating the guinea hens. Ours is the other way around. Because they were eggs from our early stages of collecting I figured the egg had time to develop, now that we collect. Daily I don't think we have anything to worry about with eggs having embryos in them but now were going to TRY and hatch some out!!! We collected two this morning and put them in the bator but with the cold weather (they were fairly cold when I collected them) I don't know how well they will do. WISH ME LUCK

Oh and one of the hens still lays double yolk eggs so would it be possible to get twins!!! ???

That's interesting. I've never heard of it before.
idunno.gif
Keep us posted.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom