Guinea chicks…difficult to raise??

Bettyboop7499

Crowing
5 Years
Mar 25, 2018
Traverse City, MI
Hello EVERYONE, it has been awhile since I’ve been on…2020 hit and it is still hitting!

Hope all is well and your Babies are thriving! My husband brought home Guinea chicks and I just put them with the rest of our chicks…the first night I lost three of the six😔 Then this morning I found one crushed so I’m down to two chicks.

I know someone has raised these fragile creatures and can tell me what I’m doing wrong. I really don’t want to separate the two from the rest of the flock. If I can figure this out I would like to get a couple more so the two aren’t lonely. What do you all think?

Thank you in advance, I have missed you Backyard Chickens folk, so excited to be back!

Hi, and welcome back!
Can you give us some more information about how you're raising them?
Pictures of your brooder? Temperature of it? What are you feeding them?

Hi, and welcome back!
Sure, I have a
Hi, and welcome back!
oh sure, they are in an 84sqft tractor, the bedding is hay and there are two heat lamps spaced two feet from each other. There are 30 chicks (variety) and four ducklings & 6 ducks that are about to graduate to the big coup.

I wonder if they would do better in a smaller space because they are so small…I tried putting them in a box positioned half way under the lamp with the last three. They somehow got out of the box and looked to be doing fine so I left them out, went back to check on them one was missing, I found him later flattened?? My hope is to raise them with the flock so they come back to the coup at night. I have six bantams in this flock and they are quite small as well, they have done fine.

I hope that paints a clear picture for you.

Back
Top Bottom