Guinea Egg sales question

sirrobyn0

Songster
8 Years
Feb 1, 2015
Pacific Northwest
Ok so this one was tough for me to categorize. Since I'm not offering eggs for sale it didn't seem right to post this question in the sales area, this seemed like the closest section so I went with it. Ok so I'd like to get some thoughts on the the sales price of Guinea fowl eggs. So I have a fair number of other birds and this is what I sell their eggs for so y'all can get an idea of what has been working for me. Chicken eggs are $5.00 a dozen $.50 off with a good condition empty eggs carton. Duck eggs are $6.50 (no discounts) I have geese but geese just don't lay all that much so I typically don't sell them. I've been selling the Guinea Fowl eggs for $3.50 a dozen ($.50 off with a good condition empty carton), but I'm starting to think that's a bit low. I went with $3.50 because they are a smaller egg, so less product, but I've been told from several folks that they think they taste better than the chicken eggs and they could possibly be considered a specialty eggs. So you don't have to have or sell Guinea Fowl eggs to comment, I'd just like to hear what other people think on the cost of Guinea eggs.
Thanks!

I haven't seen them for sale recently but I agree that they could be considered specialty.
Try $4 and see if the market responds. I'll be going to the oldest farmer's market west of the Mississippi this Saturday and I think they sell guinea eggs there so I'll check.
However, it depends entirely on where you are located. Some people have trouble getting $2 for chicken eggs. I sell for $4.
Bottom line is - whatever the market will bear.

I haven't seen them for sale recently but I agree that they could be considered specialty.
Try $4 and see if the market responds. I'll be going to the oldest farmer's market west of the Mississippi this Saturday and I think they sell guinea eggs there so I'll check.
However, it depends entirely on where you are located. Some people have trouble getting $2 for chicken eggs. I sell for $4.
Bottom line is - whatever the market will bear.
Thank you, I'd be really interested in knowing what they are selling them for at the farmers market. Of course it is whatever the market will bear, but given my prices for chicken and duck eggs. Well I consider $5 for chicken and $6.50 for duck to be a little on the expensive side, but folks around here will pay it, which is what has lead me to think I'm under pricing selling GF eggs for $3.00 a dozen. I originally arrived at that price because they are so much smaller than chicken eggs, but the feedback I have received is that they are so much better than chicken eggs so.... That's were I got to thinking. And I don't know anyone in the area selling GF eggs and I don't see where anyone on the forums has mentioned it either. Yes, I'd be very interested to see what they are selling them for at the market you'll be at.
Thanks

If you want more other guinea egg sellers to respond, you might put 'guinea' in the title by editing...or hit 'report' at lower left of your first post in thread and ask moderator to do so.

Might also want to ask moderator to move this thread to the guinea forum?

aart, Your right I should probably have put Guinea in the title, but I didn't put it in the Guinea section because I'd probably only get responses from folks that have Guineas and I hoped by putting it in the section that I did, that there would be more responses from a wider variety of folks. I mean you don't have to have Guineas to say something like, yea I'd pay a little more than $3 because they are specialty or no I wouldn't pay more than $3 because they are so small. Again just hoping to get the input of other folks, and their thoughts. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom