Guinea Eggs for the Incubator

smile.png
No kidding! I don't understand how you can buy keets for the same price as eggs......

I'd chance it and start them! I only have one Lavender hen also, so I saved up her eggs n put 18 under a broody hen, 10 have hatched. I moved the rest to my bator because they look good, just behind the other eggs! They also started hatching 3 days earlier then I'd figured they would hatch, so again, the reason I put them in the bator. Have another 17 eggs of hers going in after my chicks hatch in a week. They have a very high fertility rate so far!

You're right, I don't have anything to lose trying to hatch them! I'd like to get some more to put in the incubator at the same time though, just in case mine are all duds.
wink.png

What is the incubation time for guineas. is there a set humidity etc. My friend just bought a dozen and asked me to hatch them. I put them in my bator but need a bit more info. Are they longer to incubate than chickens and is the humidity important

The majority of my keets typically hatch on day 26, and are all done by day 27... but that can vary for others depending on what elevation you are at, the type of incubator being used, health/age of the breeding flock etc. A Humidity level of 50% for incubation works good, and then bumping it up to 75% or a little higher for lock-down/hatching helps my keets hatch a lot easier. I candle and check the air cells on day 23, but I usually wait until I see that a few eggs have pipped, and then lock them all down (some times as early as day 24).

Back
Top Bottom