Guinea Eggs: How many days incubation?

Quote:
Exactly! If I try to lockdown on day 25 like I'm supposed to I usually have a few pipped already. I actually had 1 keet hatched and sitting in the egg turner peeping at me the day before lockdown once. Now I lockdown on day 24.

I have hatched well over a couple hundred guinea keets this year so far. Most of them are hatching on day 25. I have had some go to day 28, but I could probably count those on two hands. I put mine in the hatcher on day 23.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Exactly! If I try to lockdown on day 25 like I'm supposed to I usually have a few pipped already. I actually had 1 keet hatched and sitting in the egg turner peeping at me the day before lockdown once. Now I lockdown on day 24.

Yea me too, this is my first year to hatch guineas in the incubator, and i learned real fast not to let mine go past 24 day after finding them hatching in the turner just like you.

What colors do you have?

What do you mean by "locked down"? My eggs are at day 23. When do I change the temperature and humidiy. Right now it hovers between 100 and 101, sometimes going a bit higher, sometimes lower> This is the first time I've incubated eggs of any kiind, so all information is welcome.

Back
Top Bottom