guinea fowl, are they actually that loud

fungi13

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2020
same as the title. i want guinea fowl, are they actually as loud as i have heard they are

same as the title. i want guinea fowl, are they actually as loud as i have heard they are
Oh my goodness, YES! I just left out last week my 8 month old youngins from their large enclosure to run with the others. So now they are around the house, barn etc closer to us. They are constantly excited right now and it makes for a deafening time. The chickens have moved further into the woods to free-range and my GP dog that protects all has chosen to keep a bigger distance away but still can see all and protect all. One of them is blind, so I believe they are doing some of it to keep her close. She has learned to follow them.

I have one female, she lives with the chickens. She was kinda an accident, lol. Anyway, she is the loudest thing ever. Even in the middle of the night. If a weird lead blows by, she goes off. If a car drives by a mile away, she alerts everything within a 5 mile radius. I could hear her almost a mile away in the summer when we were at a friend's house. It is SO loud, and it can be caused by anything.

Back
Top Bottom