Guinea Fowl Colors

What colors would the keets be if I crossed pearl grey and royal purple?
If the Pearl Gray do not have any hidden recessive color or dotting genes, all of the keets would be Pearl Gray.

If the Pearl Grays or the Royal Purples have any hidden recessive color genes, the only way to find out is by test breedings and hatchings.

If they are not carrying any hidden recessive color or dotting genes, yes.
I’m hoping the ones I got from the hatchery will breed true, and that I’ll get at least one breeding pair from them. My grand in laws want some if I hatch any. That would be my only reason for wanting some. I’d otherwise like wider variety from future hatches.

I’m hoping the ones I got from the hatchery will breed true, and that I’ll get at least one breeding pair from them. My grand in laws want some if I hatch any. That would be my only reason for wanting some. I’d otherwise like wider variety from future hatches.
I produce Royal Purples every year. Some are from a Chocolate cock mating with a Coral Blue hen and some are from a Royal Purple hen mating with a Coral Blue cock. My Royal Purples definitely have hidden recessive color genes.

I don’t have either of those colors🙈 My only hope for more is if they breed true. 🤞🏻
We have several RP (hey, I good time to post my genealogy chart again :gig) and we get a fair number of purple keets. This past summer, I think that we had as many RP as Pearl grey keets. I love the pied RP too!

Attachments

• 262B885E-7C99-4963-9891-CA5D2744DFE5.png
    262B885E-7C99-4963-9891-CA5D2744DFE5.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom