Guinea Fowl do best free ranging?

Rugerman

Chirping
Oct 28, 2017
We have 20 chickens 4 ducks all in an 1/4 acre enclosed area with an electic fence. We do have trouble with foxes around at night. From what I have read Guineas like to be able to fly around a lot. So I would like to hear, if other folks free range their guineas during the day and put them in a barn at night? We want them to be happy and safe on the farm.

We have 20 chickens 4 ducks all in an 1/4 acre enclosed area with an electic fence. We do have trouble with foxes around at night. From what I have read Guineas like to be able to fly around a lot. So I would like to hear, if other folks free range their guineas during the day and put them in a barn at night? We want them to be happy and safe on the farm.
We have guineas that are currently spending part of the day free-range and part penned. There are people who keep them penned all of the time, but we want them to eat ticks, so they need to be out to do that. I do think that’s it’s tough to keep ours penned, because that are cantankerous birds, and it’s hard to give them enough space to get away from each other. You might be able to keep them in your electric fence if their wings are closely trimmed, but otherwise they are good flyers and will likely get over your electric fence and be unable to get back!

We have guineas that are currently spending part of the day free-range and part penned. There are people who keep them penned all of the time, but we want them to eat ticks, so they need to be out to do that. I do think that’s it’s tough to keep ours penned, because that are cantankerous birds, and it’s hard to give them enough space to get away from each other. You might be able to keep them in your electric fence if their wings are closely trimmed, but otherwise they are good flyers and will likely get over your electric fence and be unable to get back!
Sounds like they will be happier free
ranging ! We will work on making them a shelter fir night time . Thank you for responding.

Back
Top Bottom