Guinea Fowl Incubator

Masuzzie

Chirping
Aug 12, 2019
4CBDF509-ADD5-4C94-B9E9-1EC911C2FAEF.jpeg

I am new at incubating (This is my 1st time). Started with 7 eggs and after candling the eggs 10 days later, I saw 2 were tossers. Now I’m down to 5 and in 2-4 days I am hoping some will hatch.

Fingers crossed...

View attachment 1908738

I am new at incubating (This is my 1st time). Started with 7 eggs and after candling the eggs 10 days later, I saw 2 were tossers. Now I’m down to 5 and in 2-4 days I am hoping some will hatch.

Fingers crossed...
:welcome
How many days have you been incubating the guinea eggs? Personally I would not discard guinea eggs at a ten day candling. They can be hard to see into and will not show the same amount of development at ten days that chicken eggs will show. Since guinea eggs require 26 to 28 days to hatch, their development curve takes longer than chickens that hatch in 21 days.

Hi ... today was day 26 and 2 out of my original 7 hatched today!!! The others I candled and could clearly see there was no babies in them..they are so adorable!!
First time Guinea Fowl momma here.

Attachments

• E4E88A30-5541-40DF-BB64-AD24FFA7BD08.jpeg
    E4E88A30-5541-40DF-BB64-AD24FFA7BD08.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 9
This is so exciting. I was hoping to incubate guinea eggs next year. Unfortunately, we had a family of raccoons get in and take out all but one of my guineas. Now I have to start all over as I know he can't be kept alone. Good luck with your keets and be sure to keep them safe!

This is so exciting. I was hoping to incubate guinea eggs next year. Unfortunately, we had a family of raccoons get in and take out all but one of my guineas. Now I have to start all over as I know he can't be kept alone. Good luck with your keets and be sure to keep them safe!
Currently they are in my dog crate in my bathroom and I have a chicken coop for them to go to when they are old enough to be outside. I live in Central California so it doesn’t snow here and doesn’t get terribly cold (compared to the rest of the country).

Back
Top Bottom