Guinea Hatch-along!

For the ones you said are pied Pearl gray or royal purple, the parents are my lavender x violet pair
I wish I had better pictures of my own, but I’m instead posting a screenshot of Jessica Farmer’s Facebook guide to Guinea fowl colors. You can see the broad central stripe of fully pearled or dotted birds, like Pearl gray, versus the wavy lines of the semipearled keets, like royal purple. If pied or semipearled, then the sides of the head and wings will be white rather than the lines continuing. I’m attaching a pic of one of my hatches where there are three pied Pearl gray in a column on the left side, then a royal purple to the lower right, and a Pearl gray on the upper right.

Attachments

• 42E02CFD-B240-4A80-B629-3ED05CA35D8F.jpeg
    42E02CFD-B240-4A80-B629-3ED05CA35D8F.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 05134303-89DF-4DEA-8EF1-32E25DC97F27.jpeg
    05134303-89DF-4DEA-8EF1-32E25DC97F27.jpeg
    463 KB · Views: 5
I wish I had better pictures of my own, but I’m instead posting a screenshot of Jessica Farmer’s Facebook guide to Guinea fowl colors. You can see the broad central stripe of fully pearled or dotted birds, like Pearl gray, versus the wavy lines of the semipearled keets, like royal purple. If pied or semipearled, then the sides of the head and wings will be white rather than the lines continuing. I’m attaching a pic of one of my hatches where there are three pied Pearl gray in a column on the left side, then a royal purple to the lower right, and a Pearl gray on the upper right.
Adorable!

5A81C312-B64F-40F3-8D1C-9E420EB4EB81.jpeg
2C070E7D-30E5-4561-A938-CAD070A792DF.jpeg

Here’s a color update for the lavender x violet babies. They’re all the same colors- multicolored, but they’re still pretty small so I’ll update again once they’re adults. Ignore the pide lavenders, they’re from my white x lavender pair….
Theyre not Pearl gray, there are many colors going on there, even if it’s hard to see

View attachment 3220245View attachment 3220246
Here’s a color update for the lavender x violet babies. They’re all the same colors- multicolored, but they’re still pretty small so I’ll update again once they’re adults. Ignore the pide lavenders, they’re from my white x lavender pair….
Theyre not Pearl gray, there are many colors going on there, even if it’s hard to see
I love pied lavenders!

Back
Top Bottom