LoveOfFeathers

Songster
Jun 29, 2023
Central N.C.
I have a rooster, Casanova that was raised with guinea keets and other chicks by a hen. He knows he is a chicken. The Guinea is madly in love with him, guards his pen and keeps an eye on all of my birds but prefers to gawk at Casey and hangs out around his pen all day. The bond this Guinea has for him is so strong that if I leave my rooster out past dark with the barn lights on, the guinea will not go to roost with the other guinea, it literally won’t leave the rooster’s side unless I cage Casey up. The guinea will meet me on my way to Casanova’s coop then run ahead of me and stare until I let him out. Then the guinea follows him everywhere, literally. The Guinea even screams bloody murder when I cage the rooster up before dark.

Attachments

• F35C331D-4D62-440F-A2FD-E1EF6DA2CCB7.jpeg
    F35C331D-4D62-440F-A2FD-E1EF6DA2CCB7.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 125
I have two guinea keets (pearl male and lavendar female), a Narragansett poult and an Ayam Cemani that are pretty much inseparable. Especially the lavender keet and the Cemani...where you see one, you will see the other. I have other turkeys, guineas and chickens that are various ages, including several hatchmates of these four, so why they chose to bond with each other, I have no idea.

Attachments

• 20230708_134045.jpg
    20230708_134045.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 25
I have two guinea keets (pearl male and lavendar female), a Narragansett poult and an Ayam Cemani that are pretty much inseparable. Especially the lavender keet and the Cemani...where you see one, you will see the other. I have other turkeys, guineas and chickens that are various ages, including several hatchmates of these four, so why they chose to bond with each other, I have no idea.
That’s so cool!

Back
Top Bottom