Guinea keets FREE, Southwest Missouri GONE

damselfish

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Southwest Missouri
OK, I have guinea keets available in Southwest Missouri this week. This would be a minimum of four keets and a maximum of ten...see this thread for what's going on & pictures of the keets.

I'm not sure when I'm going to declare the hatch over...definitely not until at least end of day tomorrow.

I could deliver these or you could pick them up at an agreed-upon spot in let's say Lawrence, Dade, Barry,Green,Jasper counties...maybe Christian, Polk, etc.

These would be freebies except if I have drive them a long way...then we could talk about gas money.

I would like these to all go to one person since guineas are much happier in a group.

Thanks for any interest.

Last edited:
Oh why oh why couldnt you be closer to me, or me closer to you? WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'd take them!!!

<sniff sniff>

I have to get more cause these guys just aren't enough for my property size.

Laurie

I could take them all, where are you? I'm north of Springfield, Mo
big_smile.png

Quote:
Would you also be interested in about 8 pearl keets that are now starting to "talk".

I think they are about 8 weeks old now. They MUST all go together and they must go to a good home.

They are in my nursery and are happy and healthy. I would want four bucks a peice for them as they are ready to go.

I have six more in the house (they are blues and browns) and I have 5 french Guineas I got as day olds from ideal. These guys are going to have to go to the nursery soon and I need the space.

I can not put the ones in the nursery in the barn with the rest because the are just too little.

I have rare breeds in with the keets in the nursery and they are not ready to go to the barn.

I am in West Plains MO about 80 milles from Springfield MO

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, how to convince DH that I NEED these - I only have 3 keets ATM, and I think they need some buddies. My lone Guinea egg was not fertile and I had to pull it from the incubator the other day. I am about 30 minutes from Jeff City - not sure how far from you that is.....

I sure wish I could move some birds myself. I really don't need to trade. I need cash. I could trade though,,,,, I guess. Dpends on what somebody has to trade. HMMMMMMMM, I may put them on craigslist to trade for something. I'm just about out of ideas. i have put them on here and mentioned them several times, another chicken site and Craigslist in 2 different areas. Tomorrow and Friday i'll call swap shop and put them on there.

Thanks you guys, I have had an answer & should be taking these to another BYCer on Friday. If anything goes wrong, I'll let you know.

Thanks anyway, we have 8 guineas and they are all pets. I'd take as many of them as someone needs to rehome. We just love them. We have 40 acres and ours have free range. Predators don't stand a chance with our dogs who protect the guineas and chickens here. I bought a few day old guineas a couple weeks ago and they were in a small cage on the back porch and my guineas all came up on the porch fussing over them and wouldn't leave until I finally let them out and the whole flock of guineas took them in and have raised them as their own. I was so proud of my guys. They are pets and are loving birds. I have no doubt that if I brought any new young ones that they would adopt them too so I'll take any of them that are not adopted.

Thanks, we did get them re-homed to a good home today with another BYCer. But if I have any more that ever need to go, I'll keep you in mind.

We actually would like to have kept them, but didn't think we could get these particular ones integrated since the whole flock is in protective mode over the earlier babies.

Good luck with yours!

Back
Top Bottom