Guinea pigs have long teeth... Please Help!

FlightyChicken

🦃 Turkey Obsessed 🦃
Nov 18, 2020
Kitsap County, WA
Hello,

This morning I noticed my guinea pig chewing weirdly so I decided to look at their teeth. I'm pretty sure their teeth are too long right know. Their bottom tooth on both of them still is short enough that its not causing any gum damage. How do I file them down at home without having go to a vet?
This is how long Cookie's teeth are
IMG_2785.jpg

And this is how long Peanut Butter's teeth are
IMG_2789.jpg

Anything can help!

Hello there, I am a guinea pig owner myself. Make sure your pigs have sticks (look up the kinds, I think oak could be poisonous) and other chew toys (can be found at your local pet store). Can you post pics of the cage/area/enclosure? Are they both boys? Do they live together? What kind of hay do you provide them with?
Going to get pictures of their enclosure soon - Both of them are girls, they live in the same cage and they have known each other since they were little. I feed them timothy hay

Wooden blocks (untreated wood only) or other guinea pig-specific items to chew on are a great option to keep them occupied and to keep their pearly whites healthy. Biting, chewing, and grinding helps to wear down the teeth and maintain a healthy length.

^Found this on the internet^

Back
Top Bottom