Guinea Starter Feed

JustChicky

Songster
11 Years
Feb 14, 2008
East Texas
I have 5 keet in with my 20 chicks. I've been reading that they are supposed to eat the higher protein gamebird starter. Mine are eating chick starter.

Has anyone raised them with their chicks, eating the same chick starter? I want to raise them together.

Thanks. We aren't going to eat them, (I don't know if that is why they say to give them the higher protein feed?) so good, I'm glad they will be fine.

Quote:
I got them at the feed store. They came in today with the chicks he ordered. He gets them from Ideal. I don't know what kind they are, well I know they aren't white, pied or lavender
lol.png

they are probably he big french ones i ordeded some for my wires valentines days gift and the french is all they have in season are they good looking keets?

The gist of it is that guineas will grow larger, to their full potential, with the higher protein game bird starter. They will do fine on chick starter, though they may be a bit smaller than they would be on the game bird feed. It can be a challenge having chickens and guineas together as chicks.

Back
Top Bottom