Guinea won't get up. Any advice?

Mella Meadows

Hatching
Mar 9, 2015
Hi, I'm new here. My guinea hens are about 15 weeks old free range,coop trained. I have lost about 6 don't know to what. No trace of them. Now I have 2 that won't stand up. No sign of blood. I have separated them from others. They don't like it when I pick them up. It's been 4 days. One started out like it was limping. Not sure if they are male or female. Can't find a poultry vet in my area. Any suggestions or things to try to diagnose problem. Thanks in advance.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Sorry to hear your having problems with your guineas. Definatly post as soon as you can in the emergencies section with all the symptoms your guineas are experiencing.
Good luck with them I hope you can get them back to full health soon :frow

Do you mean that predators have been grabbing your guineas? Then they would need a more secure coop and run (with cover) to prevent hawks from taking them. Are your others wounded perhaps and maybe why they won't get up? Or do they seem to have an illness? The guinea folks will be a great source for information for you

Greetings! Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you decided to join! Feel free to ask any questions you may have, we will try to help you anyway we can.
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock".

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your Guineas.
hugs.gif
I would definitely post in the Emergencies section and maybe the Guinea Fowl section for some good answers. Good luck with them, and I hope you don't lose any more!

Back
Top Bottom