Guineas? Predators?

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
I think I have a situation here. First, a little backround.
I have a "neighbor" he lives across and up the road. He has ohhhh, about 45 Guineas, and about the same in Turkeys that he lets free roam. And boy do the roam. They come over here, and get into MY coops, and will clear a 5 gallon feeder in no time. I chase them out about 4 or 5 times a day....but they are hungry, and keep coming back. He only feeds them sweet feed...and for ALL of those birds he throws a 5 gallon bucket full out, once a day. Now, here is another issue. Will these Guineas eat my chickens eggs?? I ask because, from 6 hens, I am only getting ONE egg a day, sometimes 2. I saw 2 eggs in there this morning, but was busy, so I left them untill later today. When I went back to get them, there was only ONE! I have chased the guineas out of there at least 4 times today. Will they eat my hens eggs??? I talked to this man yesterday, and told him what his birds were doing to my feeders...he laughed!!! I said " Either you lock them up, or I will start putting them in my freezer" He stopped laughing really fast. I can't call the law, because he is well known here, and I am the " outsider". So, do guineas eat hens eggs??? And, are Guineas good eating?? LOL

Guineas do like protein and just like your own chickens they will eat eggs. They will also mate your hens. Collect your eggs when you see them. Don't leave them out.

I agree with you about his birds. If you find them in your coop don't say anything. A quick dispatch and 2 days later have a nice slow roasted dinner. Guinea is good!

Well, I did warn him...so if I can get a few, in the freezer they go! I know they are fed well! LOL I was sorta hopeing they would lay a nest in my thicket by the coop. They seem to go in there all the time. I have searched for eggs, but nothing. When and IF i find em...I will incubate them, and sell babies! LOL Personally, I dont think I want any guineas...too noisy!

Quote:
Just what I need, ANOTHER UGLY chicken!
P1010393.jpg

LOL

Back
Top Bottom