Guinea's

jek242

In the Brooder
Feb 5, 2020
My two guineas i raised with chickens have been acting up for a few months now and my chickens are in absolute fear of my guineas. Ive read that they should be able to co-exist. Theyre only nice to one silkie rooster. Screenshot_20200205-171312_Gallery.jpg

Unless they have lots of space and sometimes even with lots of space they can be real pains in the backside as they begin breeding. Once they start hassling/attacking they can be relentless and even deadly. Keep an eye on things.

Unless they have lots of space and sometimes even with lots of space they can be real pains in the backside as they begin breeding. Once they start hassling/attacking they can be relentless and even deadly. Keep an eye on things.
Mine, ( i dont know the genders) kindof play chase and harrass the chickens more than attack. And there "attack" is just tail feather pulling. They were bullied by my chickens when they were keets, would that have anything to do with it. They are nice to my ducks aswell.

Mine, ( i dont know the genders) kindof play chase and harrass the chickens more than attack. And there "attack" is just tail feather pulling. They were bullied by my chickens when they were keets, would that have anything to do with it. They are nice to my ducks aswell.
I hatched and brooded chicks, keets, and ducklings together. The ducklings were so much bigger that they bullied the chicks and keets. When the keets got to about 3 months, they started attacking the cockerels first, then later the ducks. I had to separate the guineas and other fowl, and rehome most of the guineas. Things are better now, but when I let the ducks out to their pond, I still carry a stick to ward off the guineas. I do wonder if they remember their bullied keet days and so really have it in for the ducks.... Anyway, I no longer brood keets with chicks, since others have also had problems when they were brooded together.

Back
Top Bottom