*GULP* got "voulen-told" to give a talk need some 2 cents....

Tell about your failures and successes, joys and disappointments, then conduct a question and answer segment. Answer sensibly and logically and when you don't know the answer say so. ABSOLUTELY reccomend this site. This actually sounds like a fun thing to do.

Could you bring in a chicken or two? (if they are friendly) I find that is a great way to get the questions started!
wink.png

Thanks so much guys for such an enthusiastic response!! Lots of great ideas and please keep them coming! I feeling pretty confident now. With all of your suggestions I realized how much I actually do know about it even though I am new
tongue.png
! A couple of you liked the idea of the chick days thing....check around your areas, if there are small family owned feed stores around they might be doing it too! Its a national thing Purina does. I'm not in love with the corporate tie in but It helps sometimes. ;P

how fun!

How about creating a single sheet handout that you can give out to people stopping by? You can answer a lot of questions by just referring to this forum and can run a video of the chickens kicking and scratching. Maybe a basket with a couple of different kinds of eggs and the type of hen that laid them written on the eggs.

You don't have to be an expert, just point them in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom