Gulping Air?

urbanfarmersCNA

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2020
South Carolina
Some of our chicks do this occasionally. Anyone seen this? Ours are 8 weeks old. They’ve only done it outside... in this video they are also panting, which I think is normal. It’s been in the 80s and very humid here in SC.

Mine occasionally do this as we at 4 weeks. From what I've read, if there are no other symptoms, they are adjusting their crop, or moving food down to their esophagus. If the have runny nose, gurgling, or wheezing, then it could be a respiratory issue. I'm not am expert, so I'd love another's advice as well.

Mine occasionally do this as we at 4 weeks. From what I've read, if there are no other symptoms, they are adjusting their crop, or moving food down to their esophagus. If the have runny nose, gurgling, or wheezing, then it could be a respiratory issue. I'm not am expert, so I'd love another's advice as well.

Thanks, my wife found something similar. They have no other symptoms and seem generally happy. We wondered if it was because they were not getting large enough grit and so we now have regular grit available for them for the last two days, we’ll see if that makes a difference.
52E3B513-1469-4A51-9BE9-C53FBB702DBC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom